We at Pacific Cabinets, Inc. believe that addressing these considerations during pre-design will save you time, better match the specified product with your client’s needs, and make your casework and millwork part of the budget solution rather than part of the problem.
- Degree of wear or abuse the casework and millwork will receive
- Potential exposure to harsh chemicals and/or acids
- Balance needed between durability and appearance
- Presence of abnormal moisture or absence of normal moisture
- Presence of a wide range of temperatures
- Casework design relationship to the overall scope of the building
- Casework/millwork cost relationship to client budget
- Impact of new products, materials, and/or construction methods
- Importance of casework/millwork manufacturer credentials
- Need to ensure that the finished product matches the specifications
PCI Professional Checklist for AWI Premium Rated Casework:
- Phenolic backer on the underside of all countertops
- Cabinet panels balanced to prevent warping
- Industrial particle board on MDF substrate under high pressure laminate
- Drawer bottoms captured on four sides by dado construction
- Wood grain on cabinets sequenced vertically to align grain patterns (including drawer fronts)
- Drawer joints dovetailed or doweled together
For a complete list of differences in cabinet grades, call PCI or consult the AWI Quality Standards.
Pacific Cabinets is a premium certified AWI manufacturer and has the experience and computer capability to assist you in writing specifications using the latest materials, construction methods, and designs.